This is a DROP-IN futsal game for recreation.
Minimal to no contact. We like to keep a fun atmosphere, and play a technical game.
We use a fairly large gym, and we play 4v4 with rotating teams (depending on the amount of people who show up).
Games are either 5 minutes long, or first team to 2 goals.
We are a group that have been playing together for a while -- we first reserve spots via email list.
After that, we open up the game to other sites like Open Sports. At that point, spots are first come-first serve -- you can reserve a spot by confirming via Open Sports and sending an etransfer. The game is really popular, so please msg the organizer to see if there is any space available before dropping in.
READ ALL THE RULES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE before you arrive. Please and thankyou.
Teams are randomly chosen and will be adjusted so that games are fair -- if you want to be placed on a certain team, you can ask, but there is no guarantee that your request will be accommodated.
TIME: 730- 930
James Culnan Cathlic School -- (enter through SOUTH GYM DOORS)
605 Willard Ave, York, ON M6S 3S1
!GAME RULES -- READ THESE!
- this is a loose, rec game played in a fair spirit. Teams/players are expected to make their own calls and respect each other's calls. We don't waste time arguing, and we expect everyone to be selfless and fair at a minimum.
- 4v4, (at the discretion of the organizers), no goalies
- 5 minute games or first team to 2 goals wins, If a team wins 3 matches in a row, they sit out the next game to take a breather.
- NO SLIDING AT ALL
- no goals from your own half
- we use boundaries. The lines are clearly marked and will be pointed out for clarity's sake
- VERY IMPORTANT -- THIS IS RECREATIONAL. That means we don't tackle AT ALL. Please be mindful, and adjust how you play if need be. One warning before you will be asked to leave.
- you will occasionally be yelled at to take it easy in the corners/when tackling against the wall. you're not being cautioned -- sometimes we all get excited and need reminders that slamming into concrete walls isn't fun.
- please bring Indoor shoes, with non-marking soles. No turf shoes or cleats.