YOU MUST BE VACCINATED & PROVIDE PROOF + A VALID PHOTO I.D. AT THE DOOR & WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES TO ENTER ANY BIG CITY FACILITY THIS SPRING
Dates: April 18th - June 27th, 2022
Team Entrance Fee: $1350/team
Individual Entrance Fee (Free Agent): $135
10 Match Season + Playoffs + Medals & Prizes
With Winter winding down, we are excited to launch Big City’s Spring 2022 Women’s Volleyball League in Manhattan! Season is Open to Individuals and Teams and starts the Week of April 11th with an Open Scrimmage and Ranking Scrimmage for new teams and players.
The 10-week Winter Season begins April 18th but the entry deadline for all teams is Thursday, April 14th. (Individuals without teams can register as Free Agents in advance or come to one of Open Scrimmages listed below).
Intermediate to Advanced female players (BB - AA / Big City DIV 3 & 4) only! Players must be able to handle a free ball, pass accurately, serve consistently and play bump-set-spike volleyball (skill level equivalency in Big City to Divisions 3 & 4). If you cannot do the above, you will be asked not to participate.
Your team will play Monday evenings each week, making it very easy on your schedule! Start times vary week to week, but typically are 6:30, 7:45 & 9:00pm.
All Teams - once we receive your Registration, we’ll contact you to arrange a pre-season team Ranking Scrimmage April 11th to determine your team’s level of play which will help with divisional placement.
How To Register As An Individual:
Players without teams can register in advance as Free Agents and will be assigned to teams, or you can come to Big City’s Women’s Open Scrimmage Monday January 10th and form teams with other players who show up that evening.
*This is also a good way for Captains with incomplete Rosters to recruit players for their teams.
Women’s Open Scrimmages/ Ranking Scrimmages (5+ yrs. competitive experience)
• Monday April 11th 7:00pm-10pm (Open Scrimmages)
Join Scrimmage Here
• Monday April 11th 7pm-10:00pm (Ranking Scrimmages)
Location: H.S. Environmental Studies 444 W. 56th Street btw. 9th & 10th Avenue
Have friends who you want to play with? No problem! Everyone should register and pay online in advance and we’ll place you all together!
Big City Volleyball games are played in top quality Manhattan gyms located between 14th street and 96th street. By the end of the season, each team will have played in all of our beautiful facilities. All schools are no more than 2-3 blocks from an express train stop and easily accessible by subway, bus, or car.
With same night every week play, beautiful gyms, great refs, schedule/scores/standings all posted on line, trophies and prizes, it’s no wonder we’re known as NY’s best league.
• Big City will create teams of up to 10 players out of those who register as Free Agents in advance.
• Last minute subs on game night or additions to the roster are permitted so long as they have been added to the roster prior to matches, due to contact tracing requirements.
• Safety Protocols such as temperature checks, social distancing when not playing, and sanitizing will be strictly enforced.
• Masks must be worn at all time including while playing.
• A health Questionnaire form will be sent out the day of and you will be required to answer it in order to play.
• Due to event conflicts with gyms, teams may play double-headers some evenings.
• No guests are allowed at any of our indoor gyms due to contact tracing and school policies.
• As required by the Key to NYC, the City requires all those entering gyms to be vaccinated.
*This activity is not sponsored or supported by the school, the DOE or the City.