This event is for those who are new to kayaking and would like to learn some basics about gear and technique. We will spend the first ~45 minutes on dry land talking gear and technique. We’ll spend ~45 minutes on the water practicing paddle strokes. At only 43.3 acres, Fish Lake is a great paddle classroom. Please come to learn how to help keep you and others safe.
There will be someone to help with unloading and loading your boat.
What to bring:
• Kayak, paddle
• PFD, whistle
• Change of clothes
• Water & snacks
• Any gear you have questions about.
• Kayak & Paddle materials, styles and applications
• Gear: PFD, Paddle Skirt, Splash Pants & Top, Dry Bags, Deck Bags, etc.
• Getting in and out safely, assisting others
• Loading, unloading, securing your kayak to your vehicle
• Basic paddle techniques – How to hold it, Forward Stroke, Turning Stroke
• Kayak safety & awareness on the water – other boats, water temperature, wind, etc.
All paddles are subject to change so please check before you come.
HOW TO FIND US: Fish Lake Regional Park Boat Launch, S. 14314 Meyers Road (off the Cheney-Spokane Rd). Not the public beach, but the boat launch. Bring your boat and gear to the grass beside the staging area.
Please be aware that refunds are made at the discretion of the event organizer.
14314 S Myers Park Rd, Cheney, WA 99004, USA