How can local players find your public group? (app + web)
On the App
Here’s what you can tell players:
- Go to the Main Discovery “O” Tab (middle icon, from the main navigation bar)
- Tap the top left icon (of the group of people) on the main discovery page
- Tap “Find Groups”
- It will show you a listing of public groups that are nearby
- From here, scroll through local groups, and/or search for public groups by name by tapping on the search icon
- When you find the group you’d like to join, tap on it, read the group details from the Group’s main page, and click the Join button.
Note: In order for your group to be discoverable in the Groups Discovery section (the middle “O” tab in the main navigation bar), you need to invite your first 10 members, and your group needs to be Public.
On the Web
- Local players can find your group by going to www.opensports.net/discovery and that will lead them to a list of local public events
- Through those events, players can see which group is hosting the event and can find and join the group that way
- You can also just share the link to your OpenSports group, and tell people to go to the URL and join your group that way.