How do I set up automatic refunds and refund deadlines?
When you collect payment for your events through OpenSports, OpenSports will issue automatic refunds if players cancel by your Refund Deadline! The system will completely take care of it, unless you still want to send refunds manually.
Setting Up Automatic Refunds
- In the Create an Event form (app or web) once you input the cost per ticket, “Collect Payment via OpenSports” will automatically be toggled ON
- You’ll then have several options to choose between for the refund process. Choose what works for you and click save.
The players who are about to join your event will be able to see the refund deadline (see both screen shots below):
- If anyone cancels their RSVP within refund deadline, OpenSports will automatically refund them their payment. You won’t even need to click a button!
- Refund policies are created on an event by event basis.
- You cannot change a refund policy once you have created your event.
- Manual refunds are still allowed.
You may want to send manual refunds:
- If you (the organizer) cancel an event, because players won’t automatically get refunded
- If there is a circumstance whereby a player requests a refund before/after an event
Tap on “Manage Users” > Under the Attending list, swipe from left to right on the name of the player you want to refund > Click “Refund Order”. That’s it!
Upcoming in June, 2018.
Do players get a notification when they receive a refund?
When players need to be refunded, they will receive this message in their OpenSports chat (or email, if they are set up to receive notifications via email). Note: Players will have to check their own bank account to monitor when they actually receive the refund. It takes 5–10 days.