Set up annual memberships with per-session discounts
How to set up an annual membership on the OpenSports website:
Go to your Group’s homepage > Click on the Memberships tab > Click on the Manage Memberships tab > Click on the Create Membership button >You will be led to a simple membership creation form!
Membership creation form
- Set a name and description for your membership. This name and description are displayed to your players, so make sure they are clear, accurate and concise!
2. Set the price for the membership as well as if you would like it to automatically renew, and the eligibility criteria.
3. Set the discount. This is for an annual membership that also entitles players with the membership to $5 discounts per game.
It is important to Limit the number of times a user can use the discount per event, if you only want the user to apply their membership’s discount once per event (i.e., if you don’t want their guests to get the membership discount as well).
4. Review your plan summary and press save! Now players will have the option to pay for this membership the next time they join an event.
Example of how this is redeemed on the players’ end
Annual membership with per-session discounts example:
- Player purchases a one-year membership through your group for $50 which entitles them to $5 off every drop-in game
- Player signs up for a $10 game (clicks Join) and selects their membership plan upon checkout, and is automatically charged $5
- Player can view how many events they have gone to on their membership card
- Since this is set up as an annual contract (renews indefinitely), the contract is automatically renewed the next year unless the player cancels the contract renewal.
Note: for a more detailed guide on membership cancellations for indefinite renewals and contract periods, read here.